8 September 2023

Halloween Calendars

 


I read the digital version of Country Living (US) and the October/November issue has an article about advent calenders or countdown calendars for Halloween. I think countdown calendar is probably more appropriate since Advent is the period preceding Christmas which gets a lot more press than Halloween does.

Anyway, I've heard of these calendars before but didn't realise how many types there were, including that coffin shaped version in the photo. I quite like that. This or something much like it is available on Etsy and might be better quality than a similar item from say eBay or Amazon. 

Some of them are themed like Hocus Pocus, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Peanuts. 



Or if you are the crafty sort (which I am most definitely not), you could make your own. It would be a great addition to your October decor and the variations are almost endless. Personally, I'd go for a jack o lanterns meets Universal Monsters theme. 

3 comments:

  1. I love Advent Calendars at Christmas time, but haven't encountered Halloween Countdown Callendars before -- what a great idea! Fun for all Halloween lovers! I especially like the one in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple now, one new this year based on Michael Myers/Halloween from Spirit Halloween. They have surprisingly cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are pretty cool, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!